Thursday, January 17, 2013

Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Mascara Review

The day before I left the US over my Christmas break, I was at Wal-Mart stocking up on all things American and I went through the Cosmetics section (how could I not?!) and I saw that the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (about $6) had been released in the US!

I had heard Missglamorazzi talk about this on Youtube, so when I saw it at the store I had to grab it.  I thought she said she used it for her bottom lashes (I actually think I'm wrong about that), but I decided to try this out for my bottom lashes.



I have tried it on my top lashes, but it's pretty clumpy on my top lashes.  However, on my bottom lashes, it grabs all of my lashes and coats them really well without any clumping.  I'm not sure why there's such a massive difference in the product between my top and bottom lashes, but I'm content with using it for just my bottom lashes.  However, I have noticed some smudging with this, which is a shame.

Though I will admit that it's a bit ridiculous having to buy a mascara just for the bottom lashes!

For those of you who might be looking at this mascara for an all-over mascara, this might be for you if you're looking for some volume.  The bristles are really short and it's quite a small wand, so I think it would be good for that.  However, volumizing mascaras on me just turn out really clumpy, so they're a no-go!  But I can see it working on someone with shorter lashes (mine are really long).

It's an okay product, but nothing life changing!  Next time, I'll probably try out the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, but for now, this will do!

Anyone else tried this?

You can read my last post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment